Bring Deb to You
Deb is a Professional Speaker, Trainer, and Consultant who is nationally known as a stress and trauma expert, having worked with survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks as well as adults and children impacted by the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Speaking on topics from wellness and resilience, to individual and communal trauma recovery, her powerful presentations are ideal for helping professionals and lay persons alike.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor and Mindfulness Coach, Deb has served as the Clinical Recovery Leader and Trauma Specialist of the Newtown Recovery and Resiliency Team created in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. She customizes her multi-media presentations to include meaningful, real-world examples to educate and move audiences around the world.
Deb provides keynotes and special presentations for mental health associations, law enforcement groups, and conferences focusing on wellness, resilience and empowerment.
Deb's Integrative Trauma Institute provides clinical training, supervision and consultation for mental health professionals, agencies and associations.
Deb provides professional consultation services to counseling associations and boards, mental health agencies, community organizations and education leaders.
Professional Affiliation & Awards
- Holds American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) Diplomat status as a Clinical Mental Health Specialist in Trauma Counseling.
- Sits as Public Relations Chair for Connecticut Counseling Association.
- Appointed to serve on the American Counseling Association 2015-2016 Presidential Anti-Bullying/Interpersonal Violence Task Force in July 2015.
- Awarded the Connecticut Counseling Association’s inaugural Myron Cohen Community Service Award based on her advocacy, volunteerism and service to the Sandy Hook community.
License, Education, & Training
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Connecticut License #001565)
- National Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors (Certification #73521)
- BS, Corporate Communications & MS, Community Counseling at Southern Connecticut State University
- Reiki Master
- Yoga Therapist